Roles and Responsibilities
- Engaging the alumni in the university activities as conferences, forums, symposiums, lectures, meetings.
- Graduates will be notified of these activities on the university’s website and the Alumni Facebook page. These activities also include the following:
- Job Fairs & vacancies: through the cooperation between t the ECDCC and I -Hub, where both the alumni and large corporates are invited so as to acquaint the alumni with the available job vacancies those corporates are offering.
- Success Stories: The university arranges meetings between its notable graduates and their fellows and other students in order to be informed of their success stories which give them a big boost.
- Training Courses: The university holds vocational training courses for the alumni in order to equip them with the needed vocational skills.
- Alumni Day & Jubilee day: It is an annual alumni day that will be held by the university.
- Top Students: Names and photos of the top students at each faculty will be posted on the university official website and the online pages of each faculty at the website.
- Graduation Ceremonies& Photo Album: Photos of the annual graduation ceremonies and all the graduation ceremonies-related information are regularly posted on the university website and the Alumni Facebook Page.
- Alumni Achievements Award:
Professional Achievement Award recognizing alumni with outstanding record in training and working in well-recognized companies. Remarkable acknowledgment within the industry and corporates. Diverse experiences in different companies are preferred. Dual experiences in companies and research facilities are an asset.
Entrepreneurial Award recognizing alumni who exhibit outstanding capabilities in building and managing a successful startup. The startup should be well recognized in the Egyptian market and should be successful for at least 3 years.
Research Award recognizing alumni with outstanding grants, funds or scholarships. (S)he should have well recognized efforts in the research community. Nominees with applicable research are preferable. Having a side industrial experience is an asset.
Social Impact Award recognizing alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
- International hospitality: This commitment extends to helping fellow alumni, students and academics travelling in their regions. Most groups can offer a range of advice, hospitality and assistance to visitors. Some examples include:
- Providing local information
- Meeting for coffee/ drinks
- Giving a personal tour
- Helpful contacts
- Finding places to stay
Some other benefits to joining your faculty alumni association (on going):
- Free alumni magazines, newsletters, webinars and social media posts (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn). These will help you stay up-to-date on campus activities, events, faculty, and stay in touch with other alumni.
- Access to your faculty library system through ASU membership card: This is a great resource if you ever need to do research for work projects.
- ASU Alumni E-mail: It provides the alumni student with a free –GB lifetime email account, –GB online storage solution, collaboration, blogging, photo sharing, event planning, instant messaging tools much more.
- Gym/Recreation ASU Memberships: Some schools let alumni association members use their recreational facilities using alumni ID card with special prices. Alumni spouses and children as of the age of 16 can purchase a membership too.
- Access to big ticket sporting, art, cultural, educational events. (book fair, music fair, etc.) Members of alumni associations can sometimes purchase sporting event tickets ahead of the general public, and at a discount.
- Giving to your faculty’s future (fund raising). Some alumni associations raise money to provide scholarships to incoming or current students. Associations also raise funds to pay for campus improvements.
- Issuing discounts cards for ASU alumni (ASUian rewards card) in shops, restaurants, campus bookstores clinics and hospitals for cash back and travel reward.
- Discounts for alumni trips locally and international trips, Omra and Hajj (Trips are announced on the alumni web site and e-newsletter).
- Special arrangements for services offered for alumni members and offices of under and postgraduate services.
- Discounts for registering for hands-on courses, workshops and conferences held by different departments of the faculties
- Discounts/loans for alumni of spring for joining different credit systems in the university (limit the number).
- Alumni Endowed Scholarship Fund: offers five partial scholarships on an annual basis to offspring of alumni in renowned programs
- Discounts to alumni members for consultations and counseling in different aspects as psychology, law, engineering, and commerce.